Synchronization cost regression

Boehm, Hans hans_boehm@hp.com
Wed Aug 1 11:38:00 GMT 2001

I noticed what apppears to be a regression in the synchronization cost with
the the trunk.  I recently updated my tree, and some synchronization tests
run 10-20% slower.  Looking at the X86 assembly code, a likely culprit seems
to be that _Jv_ThreadSelf is not getting inlined into _Jv_monitorEnter and
_Jv_MonitorExit.  Unfortunately, I no longer have the old tree around to
easily verify that this was happening before.

Does it make sense that this would have changed?

What's the proper syntax for

__inline_and_I_really_really_mean_it ?

Hans