solaris2 libjava 500 failures

Jeff Sturm jsturm@one-point.com
Thu Apr 26 21:11:00 GMT 2001

On Thu, 26 Apr 2001, Phil Edwards wrote:
> > Jeff> ld: warning: option -o appears more than once, first setting taken
> >
> > This looks like a problem we've seen before.  However I don't recall
> > the fix.  Is it in the FAQ?  Or is it a new problem with a similar
> > error message?
>
> IIRC -- and I'm not saying I do -- this is worked around by using binutils.

I tried binutils, many times, always with the same outcome:

0x10480 in __do_global_dtors_aux ()

I realize this probably doesn't happen to anybody else.  Interestingly, if
I cross-compile the same code with the same release of binutils from a
non-Solaris host it creates a working executable.

If anybody has an explanation for that bit of insanity I'd love to hear
it.  I work around it by running GNU/Linux...

Jeff