Java programs segfault on exit

Andrew Haley aph@cambridge.redhat.com
Tue Apr 24 12:49:00 GMT 2001

At the present time, gcj (x86 Linux) on the trunk is not working.
Every Java programs crashes at exit.  This is because the routine
gnu.gcj.runtime.FileDeleter.deleteOnExitNow() is being miscompiled at
-O2.

This will cause gcj tests to fail or hang.

I guess this is an optimizer bug rather than specifically a gcj bug,
but I can't be sure until I've found it.  I'm working on this problem
at the moment and I'll post more information as soon as I know, but it
won't be before tomorrow.

In the meantime, if anyone needs to get a gcj that works, please
recompile gnu/gcj/runtime/FileDeleter at -O0.

Thanks to Marcus Daniels for the heads up.