Next libjava on cygwin problem

Jeff Sturm jsturm@one-point.com
Mon Apr 23 10:45:00 GMT 2001

On Mon, 23 Apr 2001, Tony Kimball wrote:
> Quoth Tony Kimball on Monday, 23 April:
> :
> : Any guesses how far I will get if I use
> : --enable-threads=no in libstdc++-v3?
>
> Looks like it should be nigh trivial to write
> libstdc++-v3/config/threads-win32.h and walk the lib for _PTHREADS.
> I'll continue on that tack in the 'morning'.

The thread support in libstdc++ is not used by libjava.  For that matter,
none of libstdc++ is used by libjava... I've gotten successful builds by
hacking the makefile to build libsupc++ only.

Of course it'd be nice to have win32 threads in libstdc++ anyway... you
might ping the mingw list to see if it's already been done.

Jeff

P.S. Anybody else notice that libstdc++ configury breaks badly on a cross
build?  I find it creates symlinks appropriate for the host, not target,
but maybe I'm doing something wrong.