How far is the JNI invocation API?

Tom Tromey tromey@redhat.com
Mon Apr 23 09:56:00 GMT 2001

>>>>> "Martin" == Martin Kahlert <martin.kahlert@infineon.com> writes:

Martin> Some time ago i tried to get the invocation API of JNI to work
Martin> and managed fix some segmentation faults, but somebody told
Martin> me, that there was no support for this in gcj up to now.

Martin> How far is the invocation API implemented, now?

It basically isn't implemented.  It might look like it is, but I'm
fairly sure that what is there doesn't work.

Martin> If this is not possible, i would try another approach by
Martin> providing a dummy main routine in java, which calls my C main
Martin> program using JNI.  This way, a working JVM should be present
Martin> in the prozess and my prog could work or do i miss anything
Martin> important?

This ought to work, modulo bugs in our JNI implementation.
Some JNI bugs have already been ironed out, thanks to Marcus Daniels.
More may exist, but if you find them I will fix them.