make bootstrap failure in libjava

Tom Tromey tromey@redhat.com
Sat Apr 14 17:22:00 GMT 2001

>>>>> "Robert" == Robert Collins <robert.collins@itdomain.com.au> writes:

Robert> It seems to be reading _both_ "paint.java" and "Paint.java" -
Robert> which are both the same file on Cygwin (case insensitive, but
Robert> preserving fs). As I'm doing this out of academic interest(I
Robert> don't actually have plans to use java on cygwin), I'm not too
Robert> interested in tracking down java faults that aren't thread
Robert> related - but I'm happy to report problems...  consider this
Robert> the first one.

There is already a PR on this.

There is no `paint.java'.  I'm guessing that the problem is that the
compiler doesn't account for case insensitivity at all.  If you look
through the files in gcc/java/ you'll see plenty of calls to strcmp
which ought to be strcasecmp on Windows.

Fixing this wouldn't be hard, but I won't be doing it, at least not in
the forseeable future.