dynamic library cost (was RE: libtool, java woes)

Jonathan P. Olson olson@mmsi.com
Fri Apr 13 09:07:00 GMT 2001

I'll check out the paper.  However it seems like the compacting collector
would need to suspend threads for long periods of time while it's
modifying
all the memory references since all references to an object would need to
be modified atomically.  In a multi-threaded system it would be very
costly.