Java-related bootstrap failure on release branch

Tom Tromey tromey@redhat.com
Mon Apr 9 09:02:00 GMT 2001

>> On Sun, 8 Apr 2001, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
>> I believe this is a new bootstrap failure on the release branch(!), for
>> I seem to have bootstrapped on sparc-sun-solaris2.8 about two days ago:

Jeff> I'd bet on the patch that bumped the libgcj major version to 2.
Jeff> That's what broke my alpha-linux build.

Jeff> Removing ${prefix}/lib/libgcj.so first may help.

I don't understand that.  At least, the libtool manual doesn't seem to
warn about this happening.  Alexandre, can you help me understand what
is going on here?