Patch to gcc-3.0/features.html

Per Bothner per@bothner.com
Sat Apr 7 10:57:00 GMT 2001

"Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28@cam.ac.uk> writes:

> +    <li>Java support.</li>

I would perfer it if we say some more here!

How about:

The GNU Compiler for the Java(TM) language (GCJ) is now integrated and
supported.  GCJ can compile Java source or Java bytecodes to either
native code or Java class files.  The included run-time library
contains the core Java classes, a bytecode interpreter, the Boehm
conservative garbage collector, and support for native methods written
in either the standard JNI or the more efficient and convenient CNI.
Many bugs have been fixed in GCJ, and GCJ is now a practical Free
Software alternative for many non-GUI Java applications.

If this is too verbose I can edit it down a bit.
--
	--Per Bothner