classpath question

Per Bothner per@bothner.com
Wed Sep 13 13:32:00 GMT 2000

Anthony Green <green@cygnus.com> writes:

> idea being that the compiler would put every /usr/share/gcj and every .zip
> and .jar file found in there in its classpath.  For instance, you could drop
> gnome-gcj.zip in there and it would just show up in your classpath
> automatically.

There is a proposed Debian policy for Java, and there have been some
suggestions/comments on the debian Java list.  Gcj should be compatible with
Debian policy or vice versa, given Debian status as the GNU OS.  I don't
believe your proposal is compatible with the proposed policy.  I'm still
on vacation (at my brother's in France) so can't be more specific.
--
	--Per Bothner