gcc 3.0

Jeff Sturm jeff.sturm@appnet.com
Thu Oct 19 07:23:00 GMT 2000

Bryce McKinlay wrote:

> Tom Tromey wrote:
>
> > My list includes nailing the various iconv problems (both in gcj and
> > libgcj).  To me these stand out as being very annoying.  Any other
> > ideas?
>
> Well I've said this before, but having complete a complete collections
> implementation in libgcj would make it a LOT more useful for many people.
> I'm keen to do the work of merging the code in from classpath, but it is
> dependent on resolving some inner class compiler bugs that have been
> unfixed for quite a long time.

I agree with Bryce.  While I don't use the new collections myself (having
instead used Doug Lea's collections since 1.0 days) there is a lot of code that
won't compile without it.

Also, we should be able to merge all of java.sql with Classpath easily once the
new collections are in place.

--
Jeff Sturm
jeff.sturm@commerceone.com