c++ support options

Benjamin Kosnik bkoz@redhat.com
Fri Oct 13 10:50:00 GMT 2000

Hey y'all. A couple people have mailed me privately about the whole
c++ support issue, so I thought I'd post here in the hopes of
clarifying things.

Here's the initial posting on this subject by Richard in gcc-patches:

After Monday, October 9, 2000 options for getting c++ support
bits got more complicated. Options include:

1) link in libstdc++-v2, which includes the support bits. (-lstdc++)

2) link in libsupc++ as part of libstc++-v3. (--enable-libstdcxx-v3, -lsupc++)

3) bring libstdc++-v3/libsupc++ into the java sources and have automake deal.

I suspect number 2 is your best bet.

best,
benjamin