Get an idea of the gcj/libgcj status

Torsten Rüger torsten.rueger@firsthop.com
Fri Oct 13 08:00:00 GMT 2000

> This means you configured libgcj without thread support, and you are
> running a program that requires threads.  Rebuild libgcj from scratch,
> and specify `--enable-threads=posix' when you configure.  You can only
> do this if gcc was built that same way though.  So you might have to
> rebuild gcc as well.

Thanks agian. Now this is easier said than done.  (Its'd difficult to get
a working set of compiler and gcc that just compiles)

I got gcc from 2.10  configured as you said.   But is doesn't have this
lsupc++  yet. Newer versions of gcc, including the current cvs don't
compile for me.

The current libgcj needs the libsupc++ to build, so I can't build that.
Can you tell me when you introduced the supc++, then I can pull out a
version from cvs from the day before and build that.

Thanks
    Torsten