Get an idea of the gcj/libgcj status

Bryce McKinlay bryce@albatross.co.nz
Thu Oct 12 14:05:00 GMT 2000

Torsten Rüger wrote:

> Well, then I run the executable (with the apache set up)  and I get a
> well know line
> ApacheJServ/1.1.2                                      ( when Jserv
> starts , but the next line is )
> libgcj failure: only thread already running

As far as I can tell, this is not an error that is ever printed from
libgcj. Take a look through the patched jserv code you're running and grep
for that string.

> Aborted (core dumped)
>
> The core is no help
> (gdb) where
> #0  0x403e44e1 in ?? ()

Linux doesn't (yet) support multithreaded core files, so core files from
java programs are rarely useful. You should be able to run it within gdb if
you need to debug (IIRC, there is an option to tell apache not to start
jserv automatically)

regards

  [ bryce ]