Get an idea of the gcj/libgcj status

Torsten Rüger torsten.rueger@firsthop.com
Thu Oct 12 08:29:00 GMT 2000

Hello Tom

thanks for the help . I spend the day and got quite far, but now I get a
libgcj failure: only thread already running

> You can get the spec files and patches here:
>
> ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/home/tromey/jserv-stuff.tar.gz

Got them, but I don't know what to do with a spec file.

I got the classpathx latest version and from java.apache.org the
apache1.1.2

> This should build a compiled JServ that can be used to run both
> compiled

I got it so all the source compiles and links fine .

> This works for me, but YMMV.

What is YMMV ?

Well, then I run the executable (with the apache set up)  and I get a
well know line
ApacheJServ/1.1.2                                      ( when Jserv
starts , but the next line is )
libgcj failure: only thread already running
Aborted (core dumped)

The core is no help
(gdb) where
#0  0x403e44e1 in ?? ()