Debugging HelloWorld program

Tom Tromey tromey@cygnus.com
Wed Oct 11 15:41:00 GMT 2000

Tom> Thanks for the info.  I tried using the "bt" command and it shows
Tom> the stack with the suspend code (from the Ctrl-C).  I do see main
Tom> and JvRunMain but not much else that looks meaningful.

Java programs always have more than one thread.  Sometimes when you
interrupt it you will get a relatively uninteresting thread.

Use `info thread' to see what each thread is doing.  Then set the
debugger's current thread to the most interesting one with the
`thread' command, and only then use `bt' to see what is going on.