Problems running "Hello World" program.....

Tom.Williams@diversifiedsoftware.com Tom.Williams@diversifiedsoftware.com
Mon Oct 9 13:38:00 GMT 2000

Hi!  I've installed the egcs-20001002 snapshot and I compiled it with "
--enable-languages=c,c++,java".  The compiler built and installed just
fine.  I then built and installed libgcj-snapshot-2000-10-02.  Now when I
try to run the following "Hello World" program, NO output is generated and
the CPU utilization jumps up to 96%.  When I use Ctrl-C to terminate the
program, the CPU utilitzation goes back down to the normal levels (5% -
20%).

Here is the program:

class HelloWorld {
     static public void main(String[] args) {
          System.out.println("Hello World!");
          System.exit(0);
     }
}

I compile the above program like this:

$ gcj --main=HelloWorld -o HelloWorld HelloWorld.java

I get no compile errors just the behavior described above.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for your time and assistance!

Peace......