java.util.Properties

Tom Tromey tromey@cygnus.com
Sat Oct 7 11:11:00 GMT 2000

>>>>> "Urban" == Urban Widmark <urban@svenskatest.se> writes:

Urban> The libgcj (and Classpath) java.util.Properties appears to have
Urban> problems with encoding values (and keys for Classpath) for
Urban> writing.

I fixed this by changing java.util.Properties to always quote a space
in the key.  I also merged the libgcj implementation and the Classpath
implementations of this class.  Mostly I took the Classpath
implementation, except I used the libgcj propertyNames method -- it
has a couple properties mentioned in the JCL book that the Classpath
method did not have.

I also wrote and checked in a Mauve test for this case.

Urban> Is libgcj/Classpath aiming for 1.1 or 1.2 compatibility?

libgcj is mostly 1.1 but moving to 1.2 is something we'd like to do.
I think it makes sense to always aim for the latest official Sun
release.