libtool question

Alexandre Oliva aoliva@redhat.com
Fri Oct 6 04:12:00 GMT 2000

On Oct  6, 2000, Tom Tromey <tromey@cygnus.com> wrote:

> What is going on here is that some `.o's aren't being linked in
> appropriately.  Eg search for "System." and you will that System.o
> mysteriously goes missing.

Odd.  I'd never heard about that this problem before :-(

> I wonder why there is a .libs/natSystem.o but not a .libs/System.o.

So do I :-)

Would you please send me (in private) the output of `sh -x ./libtool
...' (the whole command that fails to create the PIC version of
System.o)?  I can't reproduce it here :-(

I'd also appreciate to see a copy of java/lang/System.lo, which is
supposed to be a text file, with the new libtool.

Thanks!