AWT is dead now

Tom Tromey tromey@cygnus.com
Tue Mar 21 09:04:00 GMT 2000

>>>>> "Cedric" == Cedric Berger <cedric@wireless-networks.com> writes:

Cedric> Well, than show me some real *applications* that uses AWT. And
Cedric> I'm not talking about applets (not very relevant in a GCJ
Cedric> context) or book's examples.  I'm talking about real, useful,
Cedric> applications.

I don't know the answer to this, but in a sense it doesn't matter.  It
is also important to have it just so we can say that we do.  Sad but
true.

Cedric> Yeah, but fortunately, Swing only uses a small subset of AWT.

I'm not picky.  I wouldn't reject a patch just because it implemented
the part of AWT used by Swing and nothing else.  :-)