^C

JM Beniston jb7216@bristol.ac.uk
Tue Mar 21 07:59:00 GMT 2000

Emir Uner wrote:

> Sorry for interrupting this hot conversation. But
> I have a question. Does implementing the AWT or Swing
> using the published JavaDoc documentation in Java
> or other language violates any copyright?

I sure as hell hope not, or otherwise how are you going to know what to
implement? Actually, I was reading on Slashdot the other day that under
European Law it's legal to reverse engineering software in order to make
your software 'compatible'.

Jon.

E-mail: jb7216@bristol.ac.uk
Web:    http://www.cs.bris.ac.uk/~jb7216