rpath

Per Bothner per@bothner.com
Sun Jun 25 19:06:00 GMT 2000

I don't pretend to understand the issue.  But people whose opinion I
respect have argued emphatically that having the compiler set -rpath
causes more problems than it solves and is a big mistake.

In any case, I don't think this is the place to discuss it, since
(as far as I can tell) this is not a Java-specific issue.
Whether or not -rpath is set is a decision that needs to be the
same for (say) g++ and gcj.  So the place to discuss the issue
is the gcc mailing list (where there are more people who
understand the implications of the issue), not java-discuss.
--
	--Per Bothner