Merging GCJ and GCC web pages?

Gerald Pfeifer pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Jun 23 16:50:00 GMT 2000

On Fri, 23 Jun 2000, Tom Tromey wrote:
> My initial reaction was not to do it.  However, I'm not strongly for
> or against it.

Neither am I; though I realized that some of our (prospective) users are
a bit confused by the current dual structure.

> I do think it would be nice to have a separate Java section with its
> own news, FAQ, etc.

Definitely! What I would imagine is trying to merge some parts (like
Thanks, Download, Mailing Lists seem to be strong candidates) and adding a
new subtree for each language, like http://gcc.gnu.org/java/ for example.

Of course that subtree can (and should) continue to be maintained by
those currently doing that, and I'm willing to lend a helping hand.

Gerald
Have a look at http://petition.eurolinux.org !