gcj/253: problems with instanceof when compilation from .classfiles

Bryce McKinlay bryce@albatross.co.nz
Fri Jun 9 15:26:00 GMT 2000

"Gregory R. Warnes" wrote:

>  Well, I just tried recompiling directly from the .java files and gcj
>  throws lots of compilation errors that the javac compilers don't.   I get
>  a whole pile of messages like:

Hi Gregory,

It would help very much if you could come up with an isolated test case that demonstrates this
problem, and file a PR.

Yes, there is a large backlog of open compiler PRs at the moment, but having a PR on file ensures
that the bug won't be forgotten - and having good test case often gets half way toward fixing the
problem anyway.

regards

  [ bryce ]