cannot build libjava/gnu/gcj/xlib/natClip.cc

Bryce McKinlay bryce@albatross.co.nz
Sun Dec 31 15:26:00 GMT 2000

Per Bothner wrote:

> I'm trying to build gcj+libgcj out of cvs (on Red Hat 7).
> It is failing compiling natClip.cc because it cannot find
> the include file <vector>.

There's a general policy of not using STL/libstdc++ stuff in libjava, but libgcjx is an exception. Perhaps we could look at changing it. Then again I'm not really sure what a good alternative is, obviously we cant keep native pointers in Java collections.

> The problem seems to be that there is no -I option that points to the
> proper libstdc++-v3/include/std directory.
>
> Unfortunately adding yet more include options (and we would need *all*
> the directories containing G++ include files we might be using) makes
> for a very tedious command line.  Perhaps we should consider creating
> a work-gcc+ shell script that does something like:

It is supposed to do something like that already. The file src/libstdc++.INC from your libstdc++-v3 build directory should get appended to the c++ command lines somehow. I'm not exactly sure how this mechanism works, but it does work for me.

I've heard reports of this problem but havn't been able to reproduce it. What is your exact configure line and build procedure?

As Tom mentioned, configuring with "--without-x" would be a reasonable workaround.

regards

  [ bryce ]