-O2 loop problems

Tom Tromey tromey@redhat.com
Mon Dec 25 12:36:00 GMT 2000

Jeff> (It's a good sign that this app now runs at all... it contains
Jeff> around 160 classes and interfaces and exercises many parts of
Jeff> the runtime.  The gcj-compiled binary is not yet as fast as the
Jeff> JDK 1.3, but is very, very close... about 4%.  The upcoming
Jeff> allocator improvements could very well make up the difference!)

If you've got any profiling info I'd love to see it.  I don't really
have a feeling for what bottlenecks might exist for real applications.