generating shared libs

Anthony Green green@redhat.com
Sat Dec 23 06:18:00 GMT 2000

On Friday, December 22, 2000 11:23 PM, Tom Tromey [SMTP:tromey@redhat.com]
wrote:
> I think you can compile jar files directly.  However, I've never done
> it (and to me it seems a bit amazing :-).  Maybe something like this
> would work?
>
>     gcc -fPIC -shared -o libmystuff.so mystuff.jar

Only if it is uncompressed.  gcj can find class files and refer to them in
compressed jar files, but it cannot compile compressed jar files directly.  The
fix is pretty straight forward, but it means rewriting several chunks of jc1
related to zip archive directories and such.

I suggest extracting the class files from the jar and compiling them
individually.

AG