[ANNOUNCE] Libgcj in gcc tree availability.

Robert Lipe robertlipe@usa.net
Sun Dec 10 18:49:00 GMT 2000

Alexandre Petit-Bianco wrote:

> Robert Lipe writes:
>
> > $ automake -i -foreign
> > automake: unrecognized option -- `-foreign'
>
> It's `--foreign' -- Sorry about that.

OK.  That does suppress the flagrant GCC-isms in the Makefile and, once
combined with the trivial patch I just posted does allow compilation
with the vendor compiler.

If you're happy with that directory being compiled by the bootstrap
compiler, I'm happy enough with it. But given the ANSI-isms in that
directory, and the goal that GCC be bootstrappable by K&R compilers
(like Sun/OS, which we argued just last week that nobody _really_ uses
any more) I'm not sure this is a good endpoint.

It does, however, let me proceed on to the next bootstrapping error.   Sigh.

Thanx!
RJL