[ANNOUNCE] Libgcj in gcc tree availability.

Mo DeJong mdejong@cygnus.com
Sun Dec 10 17:28:00 GMT 2000

I seem to be having some trouble building the new tree.

% ../egcs/configure --prefix=/abomination/imagine/mdejong/java/install \
--enable-shared \
--enable-haifa \
--enable-threads=posix \
--enable-languages=c,c++,java \
--disable-new-gxx-abi \
--enable-java-gc=boehm \
--enable-fast-character

Configuring for a i686-pc-linux-gnu host.

*** This configuration is not supported in the following subdirectories:
     target-libjava
    (Any other directories should still work fine.)

Created "Makefile" in /home/mdejong/java/build_java using "mh-frag" and
"mt-frag"
Configuring libiberty...
creating cache ../config.cache

That builds, but it seems that the java lib does not
get compiled, I get this error when I try to compile
something:

% gcj -C CompilerCheck.java
CompilerCheck.java:0: Can't find default package `java.lang'. Check the
CLASSPATH environment variable and the access to the archives.
1 error

cheers
Mo DeJong
Red Hat Inc