porting libjava to FreeBSD

Tom Tromey tromey@cygnus.com
Thu Sep 30 13:52:00 GMT 1999

>>>>> "Mikhail" == Mikhail Teterin <mi@aldan.algebra.com> writes:

Mikhail> However, the low level code in
Mikhail> libgcj-2.95.1/boehm-gc/linux_threads.c uses the non-existent
Mikhail> (on FreeBSD) signal SIGPWR.

You probably already know this, but you have to port the GC to
FreeBSD.  Thread suspension is probably just one of the issues you'll
find.

Actually, according to the README, there has already been a FreeBSD
port.  Perhaps it doesn't support threads?  Or, maybe you just have to
update boehm-gc/configure.in -- our autoconfiscation doesn't support
every port the Boehm GC supports (we didn't add support for anything
we couldn't test or weren't interested in).

If you do come up with patches, please send them to us.  If there are
core Boehm GC patches, we can forward them to Boehm for you.