Missing function in libgcj.a (Was: cannot compile libgcj)

Mark K. Gardner mkgardneATrtsl3.cs.uiuc.edu
Thu Sep 16 10:08:00 GMT 1999

Tom> You can cd to the libjava build directory and run "make clean" to
Tom> fix it.

Thanks. Everything is finally compiled. Now I hit the next snag. I
tried to statically link and the function "terminate" cannot be found.
Dynamic linking works just fine. I checked and the function is there
in libgcj.so but not in libgcj.a:

@ nm libgcj.so | grep terminate
001046d4 T __default_terminate
001046f0 T __terminate
0015f9a8 D __terminate_func
00105390 T set_terminate__FPFv_v
00105354 T terminate__Fv

@ nm libgcj.a | grep terminate
         U terminate__Fv
         U terminate__Fv
         U terminate__Fv
         U terminate__Fv
         U terminate__Fv
         U terminate__Fv
         U terminate__Fv
         U terminate__Fv

Try as I might, I could not find the file where terminate is being
defined. Anybody know what's wrong?

Mark

--
Mark K. Gardner (mkgardne@cs.uiuc.edu)