Trying to commpile source in jar and zip files

Anthony Green green@cygnus.com
Fri Sep 10 09:57:00 GMT 1999

Michael wrote:
> I'm trying to compile my project.  The project has been organized into
> jar and zip files.  Anytime gcj looks something up in a zip or jar
> file is complains that it is not a class file.
>
> This confuses me because the documentation clearly states the the
> input files can be .jar, .zip, .class, or .java files.

Yes, however, reading _compressed_ archives isn't supported today.
And gcj doesn't fail gracefully when it tries to compile compressed
archives.

I have a half-finished patch for this that I'd like to finish up soon.
It requires that you have the zlib library and headers installed so
GCC can detect them when it is configured.

AG

--
Anthony Green                                               Cygnus Solutions
                                                       Sunnyvale, California