Trying to commpile source in jar and zip files

Michael Hirsch hirsch@z2i.com
Fri Sep 10 08:12:00 GMT 1999

I'm trying to compile my project.  The project has been organized into
jar and zip files.  Anytime gcj looks something up in a zip or jar
file is complains that it is not a class file.

This confuses me because the documentation clearly states the the
input files can be .jar, .zip, .class, or .java files.

I must be missing something, but I don't know what.

I'm using RedHat Linux 6.0 and the GNUPro Toolkit 2.0.  I got the same
errors when I downloaded gcj 2.95.

Thanks,

--
--Michael