gij

Kresten Krab Thorup krab@daimi.au.dk
Thu Sep 2 03:06:00 GMT 1999

Hi there,

It would be good to try making the interpreter run on more than one
platform; right now it only works on i386 with sysv ABI.

The thing that needs to change for the interpreter to support a
new platform is to modify libffi to support closures; which is not too
hard to add.

The way the interpreter uses libffi could also be cleaned up, but it
would be a great motivation if this was driven by new architectures
being suported by libffi.

If someone is interested in working on this, I'd be happy to help.

Where I am working, we mostly use Solaris, but there is some serious
linker problem in that configuration.  Does anyone have an idea of if
and when this could be fixed?

-- Kresten

 Kresten Krab Thorup           "I like my eggs ploded"
 Department of Computer Science, University of Aarhus
 Aabogade 34, DK-8200 Aarhus N, Denmark
 +45 8942 5665 (office), +45 2343 4626 (mobile)