libgcj itself wants the lgcj!
Tue May 18 12:08:00 GMT 1999
On Tue, May 18, 1999 at 02:47:18PM -0400, Sean Chen wrote:
> I had the same problem Manosiz was having with the latest egcs snapshot
> and libgcj directly out of CVS on a Redhat 5.2 Linux system.
> Tom wrote:
> > Which version of the library are you using? `head -5 ChangeLog'
> > should be enough info.
> 1999-05-05 Tom Tromey <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * configure.in (target_libs): Added target-zlib.
> * Makefile.in (ALL_TARGET_MODULES): Added zlib.
> (CONFIGURE_TARGET_MODULES): Likewise.
> > My libjava/Makefile.am says this:
> > jv_convert_LDADD = $(convert_source_files:.java=.lo) libgcj.la \
> > $(GCLIBS) $(THREADLIBS) $(ZLIBS) -L$(here)/.libs
> > You seem to be missing that final `-L'.
> For some reason, the Makefile in build/ did not include the -L, but
> libjava/Makefile.am has it correctly.
1999-05-12 Tom Tromey <email@example.com>
* include/javaprims.h: Updated namespace declarations.
* classes.pl (scan): Uniquify class list.
* Makefile.in, configure: Rebuilt.
* Makefile.am (nat_source_files): Added natConcreteProcess.cc.
(built_java_source_files): New macro.
(nat_headers): Added built_java_source_files.
(libgcj.zip): Create built class files.
($(built_java_source_files:.java=.class)): New target.
(jv_convert_LDADD): Added -L$(here)/.libs.
* configure.in: Create links for ConcreteProcess.java and
* java/lang/Runtime.java (exec): Create a ConcreteProcess.
* java/lang/natEcosProcess.cc: New file.
* java/lang/EcosProcess.java: New file.
* java/lang/PosixProcess.java: New file.
* java/lang/natPosixProcess.cc: New file.
Makefile.in doesn't seem to have been regenerated correctly: it is missing the
-L$(here)/.libs in jv_convert_LDADD
What version of automake is required for libjava Makefile.am's?
I have 1.4, and it pukes.
> Adding it by hand makes everything work. I'm not familiar with automake
> so hope this helps in tracking it down.
> I did a ../configure --prefix=/home/zun/java/gcj --enable-java-gc=boehm --enable-threads=posix
> . . . Sean.
More information about the Java