newbit problem??

Tom Tromey tromey@cygnus.com
Mon May 17 10:52:00 GMT 1999

>> We already went the spec file route.  In one way this is simpler:
>> we didn't have to add any file parsing code to gcc.

Alexandre> Yep, but then you'll have to maintain information about the
Alexandre> dependencies of libgcj within egcs.  Besides having to
Alexandre> ensure that they remain consistent :-(

We build the spec file during libgcj's configure.  Provided gcj picks
up the correct spec file for a given libgcj, consistency won't be a
problem -- and I doubt gcj picking up the wrong spec file will be a
problem.