Byte-Code Verifier

Tom Tromey tromey@cygnus.com
Tue Jul 27 23:21:00 GMT 1999

>>>>> "Kresten" == Kresten Krab Thorup <krab@gnu.org> writes:

Kresten> It's written in Java, but the performance seems to be ok.
Kresten> Running Sun's Hotspot 1.0.1, checking the entire 4272 classes
Kresten> in the JDK on my sparc, yields 60 classes/second.  If
Kresten> compiled with gcj, it's 1/5th of that, but at least it works!

Why are we so much slower?

BTW has anybody tried using profiling with Java?  Does it work?  (I
think we might have tried it, once, but I don't remember the results.)

Kresten> I've packaged it as a seperate entity (i.e., it does
Kresten> currently not use the gnu.. package names), but I intend to
Kresten> let it be included in GCJ, under your licence, if you like.

I would like.  You'll have to sign papers and such; the instructions
are on the web page.