SunOS4 is missing memmove

Alexandre Oliva oliva@dcc.unicamp.br
Tue Jul 20 14:28:00 GMT 1999

On Jul 20, 1999, Per Bothner <per@bothner.com> wrote:

> Tom Tromey <tromey@cygnus.com> writes:
>> We don't link it in.  libstdc++ got in trouble here since parts of
>> libiberty are GPLd; maybe we should just avoid it.

> I believe the "missing functions" (such as memmove) are public
> domain or otherwise non-problematical.

Yup, and it was even implemented by yourself :-)

Anyway, we can't assume memmove.c is in the libjava build tree, nor
should we link with -liberty, because of the licensing problems.  So
we should either add a copy of libiberty's memmove.c in libjava, with
the appropriate AC_REPLACE_FUNCS magic, or use this patch, that fixes
the only occurrence of memmove in the libjava sources I could find: