on DU4.0d/alpha, gethostbyname_r is only declared with -D_REENTRANT

Alexandre Oliva oliva@dcc.unicamp.br
Tue Jul 20 10:29:00 GMT 1999

On Jul 19, 1999, Tom Tromey <tromey@cygnus.com> wrote:

> On my Linux box, with POSIX threads enabled, we pick up -D_REENTRANT
> via the Boehm GC defines.

> I assume this doesn't happen on DU 4.0?

Maybe it happens only with --enable-threads=posix, which I have
omitted from configure.  I'm yet to write some shell code to tell
which threads package to use based on platform I'm.  Having to specify
it manually doesn't allow for cut&paste across 10 different platforms
:-)

--
Alexandre Oliva http://www.dcc.unicamp.br/~oliva IC-Unicamp, Bra[sz]il
oliva@{dcc.unicamp.br,guarana.{org,com}} aoliva@{acm.org,computer.org}