URL() problem

Tom Tromey tromey@cygnus.com
Sat Apr 10 20:37:00 GMT 1999

>>>>> "Bryce" == Bryce McKinlay <bryce@albatross.co.nz> writes:

Bryce> The obvious solution/workaround here (on platforms that support
Bryce> it) is simply to compile libgcj as a shared library.

We still have to come up with a nice solution when static linking.
That's because we are also interested in embedded developers.

Bryce> libgcj's configure script doesn't seem to support an
Bryce> "--enable-shared" option (cygnus guys: can this be added?)

Thursday night I was playing libtoolizing libgcj.  I'll check it in
when it works.  I don't know when that will be.