Test

Per Bothner bothner@cygnus.com
Wed Sep 16 11:01:00 GMT 1998

> + Does egcs support write-barriers, and if so, in what form?

Not at this point.

>   What are your plans in this regard?

I want compiler-supported precise gc, with support for write barriers
if generational gc is configured.  However, first we want to get
a working base system working.

> + Is egcs gc-safe (*)?

I don't know of any work to ensure this.  Personally, given that
it's not really an issue in practice, and given that precise gc
should make the question moot (unless I'm thinking of some other
definition of gc-safe), I don't see it as a priority.

> + If egcs is used to create java shared libraries, will that both
>   accommodate ELF and a.out (FreeBSD's) format, or is that really
>   not even an issue at all?

It's not an issue at this point.  In the future, some linker
support may be desirable for improved performance, but so far
we make no demands on the linker or code generator between those
needed for C++.

	--Per Bothner
Cygnus Solutions     bothner@cygnus.com     http://www.cygnus.com/~bothner