gcj/365: gcj cant find libgcj.zip

Bryce McKinlay bryce@albatross.co.nz
Fri Nov 3 00:50:00 GMT 2000

The following reply was made to PR gcj/365; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Bryce McKinlay <bryce@albatross.co.nz>
To: Alexandre Petit-Bianco <apbianco@cygnus.com>
Cc: java-gnats@sourceware.cygnus.com
Subject: Re: gcj/365: gcj cant find libgcj.zip
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2000 21:42:11 +1300

 Alexandre Petit-Bianco wrote:

 >  > The latest compiler appears to be unable to find libgcj.zip unless
 >  > it is explicitly referenced in the CLASSPATH environment variable,
 >  > even though I have it installed in the right place:
 >
 >  That seems to be the result of a Makefile rearrangement. Try this patch.

 This patch works fine.

 However, it looks like using the value LIBGCJ_ZIP_FILE is supposed to be a
 last resort for jc1, especially given that it breaks relocatability of the
 compiler.

 The real problem appears to be that the gcc.c driver fails to set the
 environment variable GCC_EXEC_PREFIX that jc1 uses to locate libgcj.zip
 (make_relative_prefix() returns NULL when its supposed to return its value).

 regards

   [ bryce ]