gcj/298

Bryce McKinlay bryce@albatross.co.nz
Tue Oct 31 03:16:00 GMT 2000

The following reply was made to PR gcj/298; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Bryce McKinlay <bryce@albatross.co.nz>
To: java-gnats@sourceware.cygnus.com, apbianco@cygnus.com, osk@hem.passagen.se
Subject: Re: gcj/298
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2000 00:10:51 +1300

 I initially couldn't reproduce this bug, and thought it was a duplicate
 of PR 285. But its back (and manifests itself in the classpath
 collections classes, as the original test case would suggest)

 The reason I missed it last time is because the problem apparantly
 depends on the order in which the classes are parsed. In the following
 example, "Base" must be either be decalred before PR298 or be in a
 different source file for the problem to occur.

 class Base
 {
   int a = 0;
 }

 public class PR298 extends Base
 {
   class Entry
   {
     int z = 0;
   }
 }

 $ gcj -c PR298.java
 PR298.java: In class `PR298$Entry':
 PR298.java: In method `<init>(PR298)':
 PR298.java:12: Can't find method `finit$()' in type `PR298$Entry'.
 Candidates are:
   `finit$()' in `PR298$Entry'
   `finit$()' in `Base'.
    }
    ^
 1 error

 And yes, I definatly have the PR285 fix installed!

 I'm reopening this PR.

 http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view&pr=298&database=java