java.util/331: java.util.Data.toString() doesn't seem to behave properly.

Tom Tromey tromey@cygnus.com
Fri Aug 25 11:20:00 GMT 2000

The following reply was made to PR java.util/331; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Tom Tromey <tromey@cygnus.com>
To: apbianco@cygnus.com
Cc: java-gnats@sourceware.cygnus.com, pascal.forget@videotron.ca
Subject: Re: java.util/331: java.util.Data.toString() doesn't seem to behave properly.
Date: 25 Aug 2000 12:27:20 -0600

 Alex> public class dateTest {
 Alex>     public static void main (String [] args) {
 Alex>         System.out.println(new java.util.Date (100,8,23).toString ());
 Alex>     }
 Alex> }

 We only have a stubbed Date class.  It only really handles GMT.
 We should handle this by importing Classpath code.
 This would be easiest if we could solve the CNI problem, because the
 code involves native methods.

 Tom