libgcj/325: _Jv_select -vs- Thread.interrupt

tromey@redhat.com tromey@redhat.com
Sat Aug 19 12:30:00 GMT 2000

>Number:         325
>Category:       libgcj
>Synopsis:       _Jv_select -vs- Thread.interrupt
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Responsible:    tromey
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Sat Aug 19 12:30:00 PDT 2000
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     Tom Tromey
>Release:        unknown-1.0
>Environment:

Currently _Jv_select does not throw an
InterruptedIOException if interrupted by Thread.interrupt.

We should first see if doing this makes sense from all
contexts where _Jv_select is called.

If so, we can change it.
If not, perhaps we should either
1. Add a comment explaining that _Jv_select should only
   be used without a timeout (maybe by removing the timeout
   parameter?), that is, for instantaneous polling, or
2. add an argument to _Jv_select indicating how to
   handle Thread.interrupt