gcj/320: resolving name when there are multiple choices

Alexandre Petit-Bianco apbianco@cygnus.com
Wed Aug 16 12:30:00 GMT 2000

The following reply was made to PR gcj/320; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Alexandre Petit-Bianco <apbianco@cygnus.com>
To: magnus.persson@thephonepages.com
Cc: java-gnats@sourceware.cygnus.com
Subject: Re: gcj/320: resolving name when there are multiple choices
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 12:27:37 -0700 (PDT)

 magnus.persson@thephonepages.com writes:

 > try to make an instance of a TreeSet-object with sun:s
 > collection-classes. (collections.jar) for use with jdk1.1
 >
 > stock/Stock.java: In class `stock.Stock':
 > stock/Stock.java: In method `fixSortOrder()':
 > stock/Stock.java:519: Can't find method `toArray()' in type `com.sun.java.util.collections.TreeSet'. Candidates are:
 >   `toArray()' in `com.sun.java.util.collections.Set'
 >   `toArray()' in `com.sun.java.util.collections.AbstractCollection'.
 >       Object[] o=quotes.toArray();
 >                        ^

 [I'm assuming this is using Sun's code, tell me if I'm wrong.]

 If this is using Sun's code, we won't look into the bug in order to
 avoid exposure to their code. But if you think you could write a test
 case that replicates the bug without using any of Sun's code, I would
 be more than happy to work on the case.

 ./A