gcj/229: Cannot read compressed property data when run under gdb

Bryce McKinlay bryce@albatross.co.nz
Sat May 20 16:40:00 GMT 2000

The following reply was made to PR gcj/229; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Bryce McKinlay <bryce@albatross.co.nz>
To: warnes@biostat.washington.edu
Cc: java-gnats@sourceware.cygnus.com, Jeff Sturm <jsturm@sigma6.com>,
        Tom Tromey <tromey@cygnus.com>
Subject: Re: gcj/229: Cannot read compressed property data when run under gdb
Date: Sun, 21 May 2000 11:38:56 +1200

 warnes@biostat.washington.edu wrote:

 > Reading property information fails at runtime when run under gdb, regardless of the location of the property data ( file,  uncompressed jar, compressed jar).

 I thought I saw this the other day, but maybe I was dreaming. I can no longer reproduce it using gdb 5.0 or an older gdb snapshot from '99. With the PR 228
 patch, your example works regardless of whether I'm running in gdb or not.

 Note however that there is an unrelated bug with having relative paths to .jar files on your CLASSPATH (see PR 231) - is it possible your seeing this instead?

 regards

   [ bryce ]