libgcj/201: error loading shared library, undefined symbol __dso_handle

Bryce McKinlay bryce@albatross.co.nz
Sat Apr 15 19:50:00 GMT 2000

The following reply was made to PR libgcj/201; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Bryce McKinlay <bryce@albatross.co.nz>
To: rfrench99@bigfoot.com
Cc: java-gnats@sourceware.cygnus.com
Subject: Re: libgcj/201: error loading shared library, undefined symbol
 __dso_handle
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2000 13:49:20 +1200

 rfrench99@bigfoot.com wrote:

 > ./HelloWorld: error in loading shared libraries: /usr/local/lib/libzgcj.so.0: undefined symbol: __dso_handle

 Hi,

 I have not see this on my system, with latest cvs gcc and libgcj. I'm using Redhat 6.2. What version of glibc
 does your distribution use?

 Could you send me the output of the following commands on your system:

 gcc -v
 gcj -v
 ldd ./HelloWorld
 nm /usr/local/gcc/lib/libzgcj.so.0 | grep dso

 And also the "configure" commands which you used to build both gcc and libgcj.

 thanks

   [ bryce ]