libgcj/120: libffi configure script doesn't honour "--with-as"

Tom Tromey tromey@cygnus.com
Fri Dec 17 16:16:00 GMT 1999

The following reply was made to PR libgcj/120; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Tom Tromey <tromey@cygnus.com>
To: bryce@albatross.co.nz
Cc: java-gnats@sourceware.cygnus.com
Subject: Re: libgcj/120: libffi configure script doesn't honour "--with-as"
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 16:09:03 -0800 (PST)

 My understanding is that libffi just uses whatever assembler gcc is
 configured to use -- it runs the assembler via the gcc front end.
 So it seems like you could work around this using the appropriate -B
 option, or by configuring gcc a different way.

 I guess we could recognize --with-as=... and set the -B option
 automatically, but that seems a bit ugly (and perhaps error-prone; I
 don't know the issues).

 Tom