libgcj/103: libgcj crashes on string operation

Bryce McKinlay bryce@albatross.co.nz
Tue Nov 16 17:30:00 GMT 1999


The following reply was made to PR libgcj/103; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Bryce McKinlay <bryce@albatross.co.nz>
To: gback@cs.utah.edu
Cc: java-gnats@sourceware.cygnus.com
Subject: Re: libgcj/103: libgcj crashes on string operation
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 14:29:12 +1300

 I can not reproduce this problem using gcc 2.95.2 + java patches and current
 libgcj from cvs. I strongly suspect that this the exception handling problem in
 current gcc snapshots that has been discussed on the mailing list, and not a
 string handling bug.
 
 I will try this out on a gcc 2.96 build tonight. If it crashes there, its a good
 thing, because up until now I havn't been able to come up with a self-contained
 test case for this problem.
 
 For now, if you use gcc 2.95.2 plus the java patch from
 http://waitaki.otago.ac.nz/~bryce/gcj/ , you shouldn't have this problem.
 
 regards
 
   [ bryce ]
 
 


More information about the Java-prs mailing list